This simple circular chart of the Cardinal Directions North, South, East, and West is absolutely correct. Ancient Church documents shows this to be the case, as well as several Judaic references. This is it, folks. This is the historical and factual viewpoint of Judeo/Christian Mysticism and ‘Magick’.
1. a point in time beginning a new or distinctive period,
2. a long period of time marked by some predominant or typical characteristic; era
(from New Latin epocha, from Greek epokhē- cessation; related to ekhein to hold, have)
epochal (adj.), epochally (adv.)
– Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged
The Epochs of the Elements can be divided into Four distinct types of incremental Epochs consisting of Four equal parts- the Epoch of the Sun, or the Daily Epoch (24 hours), the Epoch of the Moon, or the Monthly Epoch (4 Weeks), Epoch of the Earth, or the Yearly Epoch (12 Months), and the Epoch of Man, or the Lifetime Epoch (72 Years). The specifics of each Epoch can be listed in the following manner:
Elemental Epochs (Daily, Monthly, Yearly, and Lifelong)
Epoch of the Sun: Dawn, Noonday, Dusk, Midnight.
Epoch of the Moon: Full Moon, Waxing Moon, Waning Moon, New Moon
Epoch of the Earth: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Epoch of Man: Birth, Youth, Maturity, Old Age
– The Daily Epoch consists of Four 6-hour periods of time starting at Midnight (24-hour day begins), moves on to Dawn (Start of Day), Noon (Middle of Day), Dusk (End of Day), and then back to Midnight (New Day).
– The Monthly Epoch consists of Four 7-day weeks corresponding to the Four Phases of the Moon (Lunar Phases) which are called the Full Moon, Waxing Moon, Waning Moon, and New Moon.
– The Yearly Epoch is comprised of Four 3-Months periods marking off the Four Seasons of Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter.
– The Lifetime Epoch contains approximately 72 years (Average Lifesapan) divided into Four 18-year Stages of Life called Birth, Youth, Maturity, Old Age.
Daily Epoch of the Four Corners: East, South, West, North
Monthly Epoch of the Four Colors: Yellow, Red, Blue, Green
Yearly Epoch of the Four Elements: Air, Fire, Water, Earth
Lifelong Epoch of the Four Archangels: Raphael, Michael, Gabriel, Uriel
The Four Cardinal Directions directly corresponds to the Four Times in a Day.
Direction and Time of Day
East —> South –> West —> North
Dawn –> Noon –> Dusk –> Midnight
Color and Phase of Moon
Yellow ———–> Red ———-> Blue ————–> Green
Waxing Moon –> Full Moon –> Waning Moon –> New Moon
The Four Elements of Creation directly corresponds to the Four Seasons in a Year.
Element and Season
Air ——> Fire ——> Water –> Earth
Spring –> Summer –> Fall —> Winter
The Four Archangels of the Four Corners directly corresponds to the Four Periods in a Lifetime.
Archangel and Period of Life
Raphael –> Michael –> Gabriel –> Uriel
Birth —–> Youth —-> Maturity –> Old Age